Kunstverein is looking to expand its team with an organizational savvy operations manager. Someone who wants to help us run a tight ship and has a desire to make things work (or figure out how they can work better). For this role you do not need to have a curatorial background.
- Plan and coordinate the activities and team of Kunstverein: including scheduling and management of hosts and liaising with the install team
- Support the hosting of events: including assisting with welcoming visiting artists, members, guests and visitors to our space; representation of Kunstverein by attending various book fairs (national and international); attendance at all events and openings; additional networking events
- Support with the production of all projects, that is, assistance with project development from square one to finish. This includes: being a sounding board for the development of the program; grant writing; research tasks; condition reporting of artworks and cross-checking of insurance policies; sourcing materials and sponsoring for scenography; liaising with director and designer about the graphic identity and producing necessary materials; and other production related tasks
- Maintain financial administration and assist in budget management and cost monitoring: including liaising with the bookkeeper; Making and sending of invoices to relevant parties; reimbursement administration; membership administration
- Assist in general internal and external communication tasks, such as emails, minute-taking at board meetings, assistance with writing the year reports, communicating on behalf of the director and helping to maintain the office inbox
- Membership coordinator: including co-development and realization of the members-for-members program; growth and care for the community; coordination and communication of their activities
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent skills in managing and planning ahead, and works in a structured manner
- Has experience in the cultural field, producing cultural events, both in terms of content and organisation
- Enjoys working in a team, hosting, is flexible and takes initiative
- Flexible in terms of availability according to the flow of the organization
- Is proficient in Dutch and English, both spoken and written
In adherence to the guidelines Functie- en Loongebouw (2024) by De Zaak Nu we offer 21 €/hour excl. VAT., on a freelance basis (this is an entry-level fee, negotiable according to your experience). For 21 hours per week (approx. three days a week) for 1 year with possibility of extension, 3 months paid trial period.
You can respond to this vacancy until 15 March 2024 by means of a motivation letter and CV addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place on the 29th of March 2024.