Kunstverein is on the lookout for a communication assistant to strengthen its team and help the organisation translate its varied activities and program to its equally varied audience, aiding in raising the awareness about what we do and how one can participate. We expect that the communication assistant has good knowledge of both Dutch and English in both written and oral form (additional languages are considered an appreciated plus). As our Communication Assistant your main tasks consist of:
– Proposing and implementing a communication strategy for Kunstverein, in collaboration with the director;
– Overseeing the communication planning and deadlines;
– Editing/ proofreading texts for website, social media, press releases and newsletters;
– Translating our program to diverse audiences via different channels;
– Mediating schedules between team, designer, press and promotion;
– Communicating deadlines for ads, newsletters, handouts, posters, etcetera to the designer and curators;
– Maintaining contact with and notifying the press of our program;
– Managing address files and actively broadening our network;
– Updating and maintaining the website;
– Archiving articles.
– Attend to the promotion of books and sales and communicate about forthcoming publications with our distributors.
Together with the director you will participate in the early stages of projects, finding communication angles and setting up publication timelines, including deliverables. You will update and give feedback to the director about your correspondence with artists, curators, press, members and audience. On key moments you will be a representative of Kunstverein: taking care of the communication side of productions such as openings, book launches and other events where you will welcome and guide the press. From time to time you will be expected to help out with organising mediating activities such as walkthroughs, workshops, et cetera.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest (max. 1 A4), a curriculum vitae, two references (including contact information), and two excerpts for two different platforms by Feb 28, 2022. A proven track record in similar functions is important, but as this is not a full time position, it should also be seen as a growth opportunity. This is a new function which will grow in size together with the organisation.
If selected, you will be invited for an interview in March. Preferably, the successful candidate starts soon after, for one day a week. The hours of this position are flexible, but ideally would require your availability bi-weekly on Saturdays (13:00-18:00) with occasional evening work (openings or public program).
Kunstverein is committed to the Cultural Diversity Code and creating equal opportunities for people from different (cultural) backgrounds.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with as subject line: COMMUNICATION_ASSISTANT_YOUR_NAME.