Open Call: Summer Residency
For the second time in a row we are welcoming young curators, (small) institutions, writers, and artists to apply for Kunstverein’s annual Summer Residency. KV’s Summer Residency offers space to a practice that can be a special cultural addition to the city of Amsterdam and the program of Kunstverein. The residency includes the full use of Kunstverein’s space, infrastructure and network, assistance by one of Kunstverein’s staff members, and a small working budget of €1500.
How to apply
Curators, (small) institutions, artists and writers are invited to submit a proposal for a project they would like to work on at Kunstverein between 1 July and 30 August. There is no specific topic linked to the application and we welcome (exhibition) proposals of a wide variety. We do strongly encourage applicants to look into our program of the past years to find parallels with their own proposal and Kunstverein’s aims. The residency can take on the form of a two-month-show, but it can also be used as a two-month working and research period with a final showcase moment in September.
The application deadline is 30 May 2019
Your application must include:
- A description of your practice (500 words max.)
- A CV (max. 1 page)
- A project proposal (1000 words max.)
- Documentation of your work or the artist(s) you would like to work with (10 pages max.)
- A budget for your proposal
All application will be reviewed by a jury after 30 May 2019. Should your proposal be selected, you will be contacted before mid June, to schedule a (skype) meeting to further discuss your plans and logistics.
- All applications must be sent to email@example.com, subject: OPEN CALL + “name applicant”
- The accepted proposal will receive a small production budget of €1500. This needs to be supplemented by the applicant’s own means
- We underline that the applicant needs to be based in Amsterdam for the duration of the project. We do not provide an apartment, but can help you with finding one
- Questions regarding the application process should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org